- Streaming sales up 45% from Q4 2018, to 421 (291) MSEK
- Subscriber base up 41% from Q4 2018 to 1,083,400 (768,700) on average
- Net turnover increased to 565 MSEK from 437 MSEK in Q4 2018
- Earnings per share, after taxes amounted to -1.43 (-0.61) SEK, before and after dilution
- The Board of Directors proposes no dividends be paid for 2019 FY
- Launched in South Korea, Storytels 20th market
- Refinanced bank loans and extended credits at Swedbank
Table 1: Key performance indicators for Streaming and Print Publishing
|Currency: SEK 000’s||Q4 2018||Q1 2019||Q2 2019||Q3 2019||Q4 2019||Q1 2020|
|Avg. Paying Subscribers3||768,700||834,300||887,500||1,014,400||1,083,400||1,154,000|
|Avg. Paying Subscribers3||616,300||645,500||669,200||736,000||757,600||782,000|
|Avg. Paying Subscribers3||152,400||188,800||218,300||278,400||325,800||372,000|
1 “Forecast” means an approximation based on information available at the time the report was prepared.
2 Contribution Profit is defined as streaming revenue minus royalties to third-party publishers and rights holders, in-house production costs, transaction/payment costs and marketing costs. Storytel Reader and Ztory are not included in Streaming.
3 Avg. Paying Subscribers means the average number of paying Storytel subscribers during the quarter. Stand-alone customers from Ztory are not included. For Family subscriptions, each standard stream (not so-called Kids Mode) is considered one paying customer.
4 ARPU = Average Revenue Per User (Subscriber) per month.
5 Storytel Norway is included in the figures @ 100%. In the consolidated accounts, Norway is reported in accordance with the principle of proportional consolidation.
6 Print Publishing refers to physical books and digital sales through channels other than Storytel. Internal revenue from Storytel has been eliminated. All publishing houses both inside and outside of Sweden are included.
7 Contribution Profit is defined as revenue minus cost of goods sold, royalties to rights holders, distribution, sales and marketing costs.
- Annual Report 2019 – 2 April 2020
- Interim Report Jan – Mar 2020 – 12 May 2020
- Interim Report Jan – June 2020 – 11 Aug 2020
- Interim Report Jan – Sept 2020 – 10 Nov 2020
FNCA Sweden AB is the company’s certified adviser. FNCA can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 528 00 399.
This information constitutes inside information in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014 and is such information that Storytel AB (publ) is required to disclose. The information was provided by the above contact person at the time stated in this press release by the Company’s news distributor Cision.
For more information, please contact:
Jonas Tellander, CEO: +46 70 261 61 36
Jörgen Gullbrandson, Interim CFO: +46 73 378 01 75
Dan Panas, Head of Communications: +46 70 186 52 90